Friday, October 8, 2010

More disassembly

I got some more taken off the bike last night. The rear axle was a pain in the ass. I used a hammer to get the left side out enough to wrap a cloth around the head of the axle and tugged while twisting. It probably took close to a half hour just to pull the rear wheel axle.

Still to go is the triple tree and steering stem parts, the kickstand, swingarm, rear shocks, footpegs and chain. Not looking forward to the chain, but maybe the third time is the charm.

It will be a couple weeks before I can get my clip-ons and rear sets, so in the mean time I'm going to rebuild the front forks, start on the front wheel and get polishing on some bits and pieces.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to powdercoat the wheels and hubs, or paint them. I've heard powder can make relacing the spokes a pain in the ass, but I know it's more durable. An alternative would be to find a durable paint and use that. I'm also trying to figure out the best paint to use for the cylinder head.

No comments:

Post a Comment